The Income-tax department has come up with a new e-Filing portal (ITR e-filing 2.0) which has been effective from 7th Jun, 2021. Under the new ITR e-filing 2.0 portal, you can authorise another person to act on your behalf.
Under the new e-Filing portal, If an assessee is not capable of acting on their own due to some reason, can authorise someone else to act on their behalf. Please note that this feature is only for an Individual & a Non-Resident Company with Non-resident Directors having no PAN (Permanent Account Number) or valid DSC (Digital Signature Certificates).
For the department, it is important to know the reason why you are authorising someone else on your behalf. A person can be authorised to act on behalf of assessee under the following circumstances:
- If the assessee is absent from India or
- If the assessee is a Non-resident or
- Other reason- This has to be mentioned, according to the situation.
How to add a person to act on your behalf under the new Income-tax e-Filing portal?
Below is the process to authorise another person to act on behalf of yourself:
- Log in with your credentials on the new Income Tax e-Filing portal
- Click on “Authorised Partners”
- Under the “Authorised Partners” tab, click on “Authorise Another Person to Act on Behalf of Self”
- Click on “Add Authorised Signatory” and add the PAN of the person to whom you want to authorise
- Now, select the circumstance under which you are authorising
- Select the period for which you are authorising, and press on the continue button or
- Select the task for which you are authorising, and press on the continue button
- You will receive an OTP on your registered Email ID and mobile number to verify your request, submit the OTPs received, and click on verify button to submit the request
- If Verified, a request to authorise “Name of the person” holding “PAN” as authorised signatory will be submitted. A transaction ID will be generated for future correspondences.
- “Name of the person” holding “PAN” can act on this request within 7 days by going to Worklist post-login by uploading the copy of the Power of Attorney obtained by him.
It takes 24 to 72 hours for the Authorisation to become effective.
For which task the authorisation can be done?
One can authorise another person for below mentioned tasks:
- For submission and verification of ITR
- For verification of Return of Income
- For submission of Forms (Relevant forms can be selected from the drop-down list)
- For submission of service requests (Taxpayer can only authorise for Refund re-issue and Rectification request submission).
To Get Finance News & Job Alerts Directly On Your Mobile Join Our WhatsApp Group